My children descend from a variety of cultures.

The BRIGHT family relocated from Pennsylvania to the booming riverfront town of Wyandotte, Kansas, shortly after the Civil War.

The MOORE family, of Scots-Irish descent, lived in the upcountry of South Carolina for a hundred years or more.

The THADEN family came from German immigrants and Tennessee Scots-Irish clans.

The NICHOLAS family originated in Tripoli and Beirut, Syria, and lived among a Syrian colony in Jacksonville, Florida.

The HAHN and LUTES families raced for land in the Oklahoma Land Run of 1893 and had been ever on the frontier prior to that time.

The ROMEO and MOTTA families immigrated to this country at the turn of the century from Sicily.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chite' Family

At the end of May, I found myself in Utah, about an hour away from the Family History Library. I just couldn't resist the urge to spend a day there to work. The trip was quite profitable. I found the birth records of all of the children belonging to Carmelo and Carmela Chite' of Nicolosi, Sicily.
Speaking of the Chite's, I have been corresponding with a Chite' cousin, who lives in Knoxville. Her mother was born to Salvatore Chite', one of the above Carmelo's children. She married a non-Italian and he whisked her away from Washington, D.C. Thus our cousin did not grow up around her Italian family and is now trying to connect with her roots. I found her on a Rootsweb message board. She was able to tell me a little bit about the Chite's brothers, who immigrated to America, I was able to share some information whe her about their sister Grazia Chite' Motta.

No comments:

Post a Comment